Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expert Cash Game Play with YourDoom Testimonials

Awesome GilZ89! You've made my day. Thanks

Super Mega Epic VIP Member
    Hello guys, here is my testimony for how YourDoom changed my life.

I purchased Expert Cash game play 1 back in summer 2017, at this time i was a breakeven player at 100NL.
    With this course, combined to Expert cash game 2 and How to defend from the blinds I had the confidence to take a shot at 200NL.
    I ran bad at first and then things started to go my way and i ve been able to maintain a 15bb/100 winrate for the 6 following months.

In early 2018 as I always love to learn new stuffs about poker, I started learning from other very known pokerschools.
    I went deep into GTO and my results kept going down. It's very complicated to have an exploitative approach combined with a lot of GTO. For the whole year, i mixed both, went back a bit to YourDoom, bought couple more courses but my results were not as great as before.

In early 2019 i was feeling really bad at the tables, i felt like I lost all my edge. GTO had me stuck with a 2bb100 winrate and a sick run.
    A month ago from now, I went back to Ryan's website and bought all the remaining courses i didn't have.
    Man, I was instantly back at my highest level.
    These days, i am very scared looking at other people play because i am afraid to take their habits. I wish Ryan had an endless database to my disposal so i could keep learning from the best.

Here some of my stats and graphs, I am sorry but i lost my database in mid 2018, so I have no hands prior to that.

Have a good one guys

(2018):

(2019):

Last edited by forum; 03-20-2019 at 02:57 AM.

Super Mega Epic VIP Member
    Hello guys, quick update on how went april for me. Still trying to deviate the most from GTO =)

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by forum; 05-10-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Diamond Member
    Hi Joffrey, the graphs you posted look super good but are too small/blurry to see them in detail.

I organize a study group specifically centered around applying YourDoom's strategy.
    You seem to me to be serious and reliable as a player, please let me know if you want to check it out,
    Cheers.

Platinum Member
    Truly fascinated by the content of Ryan's video courses and the way he conveys his expertise. He knows ins and outs of how information is remembered and employs varies techniques to make his videos fun and very educational.
    I have been part of other forums but never encountered such a meticulous approach to relevant spots in poker that is presented here.
    I gather poker is a big passion of his and that is the reason he always goes with +EV line
    Big thank you!

Platinum Member
    Any idea when vid 11-12 (Cash part 3) are coming out Ryan? I just love the way you teach and your style

Thanks
    The next video will be out as soon as I'm inspired with the perfect idea that I feel will be the most useful to you. I have a few things working in my notes...probably soon.

Platinum Member
    Been 3 months and even a 50% discount Ryan! Haha where is video 11 and better give the 12th too for waiting About a year for the full package with just the 10% ‘pre order’ discount at that time.

No hard feelings since your material and teaching are beyond great!

In the meantime: you got Some old free content to look at? I recall you made video’s at a site before. Might be Some value in there and the way you teach is pleasant to hear.

EDIT:

You had a recent post saying that 3Betting most hands on the BU has been more profitable than just flatting. Depending on the exploitabilities and opponents behind you ofcourse.

I just wonder how you put this into practice, because I assume you still cc a hand like 77 on the BU vs an open? You also mentioned you 3B a lot of BW.
    In total this will be a lot of hands (too many) and especially with your strategy as not to ever call vs a 4B. But if villain is adjusting, he will. So what we do now?

I think this would be great to add at the Part 3 video series, since you've had more success 3Betting than cold calling. So make some examples with 3Betting and why and when to cc and why.

I do understand that if someone is folding like 55% and we have KJo on BU vs MP, it could be a +EV play if he has post-flop exploitabilities.

I just wonder how you manage to 3B a ton of hands more and this will give great extra value to part 3.
    Last edited by GilZ89; 02-12-2021 at 08:38 PM.

Thanks Gilz! I'm happy you like the videos. If you purchase right away at first release you have a longer time to benefit from most of the newest material. If you prefer to wait, wait, and wait... then the 50% off deal will always start at some point

This course is now complete. Video 11 is online. That marks the end of the main course. There will be a video 12 bonus video at some point in the future as well, but it won't be coming up this month.

I posted about your strategy question in the private member forum.

I think these are the links to those old videos that you are looking for....
    http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/23787/
    http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/23203/

Platinum Member
    Thanks Ryan, and I do understand your explanation. Looking forward for vid 11! And will give my final review here after the course is done and studied
    As always great material