Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plan: coaching from YD after being decent 200NL reg (4bb+)

Platinum Member

Plan: coaching from YD after being decent 200NL reg (4bb+)

Hey Ryan and everyone!

I got inspired by a plan someone made, so here's all in short of mine:

I already play poker for a living since about 5 years (ups- but also a lot of downs) always between 25-100nl, mostly being at 50nl. The best time I actually had after I really studied and made notes (30+ A4 Word pages) of the first two courses I bought, which were Advanced Tactics and How to Play OOP from the Blinds.

I've had several coaches, some probably pretty bad but from some I did learn 'good stuff' which had helped me. Although most coaches also talk about stuff they see in video's, like calling any 4B when they're getting great odds (even with like 98s in MP vs EP if villain just doubles it + adds like 1bb.

Anyway, my plan is like this:
    1. I study everything indepth by making tons of notes which I think about no one does it as indepth as I do, or at least, most just look and write down a few words to just give you a thought about how I approach these series. In order to watch:

1.Start with the more basic Advanced Tactics as a refreshing (read notes years ago until I could dream about it)
    2.How to Play OOP from the Blinds (same as #2)
    3.Expert Cash Game 1 (Watched all video's and made all notes, but I didn't print these yet before my laptop died... so this way I didn't really grasp the concepts)
    4. Expert Cash game 2 (same as #3)
    5.100bb Replayer (same as #3; pfff :/)

NEXT: might Buy new courses if needed + if I got the cash

Ryan, some questions:
    1.I don't want to spend hours and hours watching some content (like Vid 5 AA/KK, Vid 6 Play AJ/KQ from Advanced Tactics or some others on the OOP blind series) which tactics I've already been using for several years, so I don't think I should spend time on that right now. Thoughts?

2.What do you think about the approach and order I mentioned above; start with 1.Advanced... and end with nr 5. 100bbreplayer

I'll update now and then here and study very hard all week and next week. Hopefully I'll be able to come with some nice results then.

Any thoughts are well respected! If you would like to join me on Skype for some good study or discussion about these vids or whatever, feel free. I would actually love to have a YD Skype group

Last: when I reach 200NL, begin a decent winner with a good sample (100k+ hands?) then I go for at least 5 hours of coaching with Ryan

Let's do this!

Thanks for reading
    Teun

Platinum Member
    After one week I typed a total of 24 A4 in Word, which is all of Advanced Tactics + about 50% of Expert Cash 1. I expect all to be well over 100 A4 Word Documents. I played a little bit poker, with these results:

WR H2N PP.jpg

In about 5 weeks I'll get my new laptop, since my current one is broken after water damage. So this screenshot is from a 30-day trial of Hand2Note which I play poker with on my dad's PC.

Thanks Tuen, this all sounds good. Yes, I'm sure there are some video concepts that you already have super locked down that you don't need to review them
    That order of videos sounds fine to me. Keep up the great work and keep us updated!

Diamond Member
    Hi GilZ89, I also am enjoying Ryan's videos, we should chat and perhaps set up a chatroom to help each other assimilate the content from the video series!
    Let me know, my email is dehipoker@gmail.com, my Skype is dehixem, and my discord is Dehi#7777
    Cheers

Platinum Member
    Hey,
    Sounds great! I just add you on Skype

Platinum Member
    Just an update:

Already typed in 45+ pages in Word, very well structured + with some FZ analysis now and then. Will be, I guess, 50-60 pages to type from the remaining courses.

Just want to tell you Ryan: your video's are the best by FAR, nothing comes even close to what I've ever seen. Plus your voice is super clear and you really involve the student to take part of it. You seriously do an amazing job and it's a natural talent so to say. I can't get enough of your video's. I enjoy them way more than watching a movie, yeah it's that sick man haha

Just wanna let you know. Take care

Awesome feedback. Thanks Teun!

Super VIP Member
    I would be intrested in a Skype group. Im at the same stage as you are, after a break Im going to jump back into the game again.

I have Advanced Tactics, Blinds, Rev New Lives, 100bb+ Replay.

Platinum Member
    Awesome man! Me and Dehi already teamed up and if you are truly dedicated then go ahead and add me on Skype:
    teunvgils

Platinum Member
    Ok, here an update:

So I got my new laptop since about 1,5 week. In totally I already got over 90+ pages written in Word from YD's courses. I still have to rewatch the course '100bb replayer...' so it will well be over 110 A4 pages.
    I'm still playing 25NL with some 50NL mixed in, due to poker being my only source of income and I can't take too much risk. So I'll hold a strict BR-management. Here my results after I bought my new laptop:

WR PP TVG.jpg

These are about 80% regular 25NL and 20% 50NL (with little Zoom/Fast) games

So let's see what will happen within the next few months

All I could say is that I'm very satisfied so far and still have a lot a work to do. The study and work I have done, and I still have to do, tells all about the improvements and correctments I've made so far.

Will be continued