Thread: Expert Cash Game Play with YourDoom Testimonials

Last edited by forum; 02-20-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Ultra Epic VIP Member
    This is an amazing course! I just finished the course, and I can say without certainty that it is ABSOLUTELY worth way more then what you're paying.

I have been an online poker professional for over 10 years now, and it still surprises me how much I can learn...I have fell into "rakeback grinding" these last few years, and with this course, I will finally be able to crush the tables again.

I am going to leave before and after graphs as soon as I play 100K hands after taking this course.

Do yourself a favor and pick this and all his other courses up (I immediately got his other courses after going through this one, and they are all equally helpful).

----
    TGS

Ultra Epic VIP Member

“Expert Cash Game Play” course testimonial.

So, it is 2016, games are getting tough, no money in poker, everyone solid, right? Not really. Even though it is a fact, that we are not living in 2008, when fish were abundant and many regs were much worse, you can still have solid earnings from playing poker. Well, there are definitely guys who do, so why not join them and even learn how to do it better? If you are on board, then who else, other than Yourdoom is going to provide the best strategy and advice for modern games?

For those, who are in doubt, I have watched all of Ryan’s video series about cash games and found them extremely thorough and helpful. I have also taken private coaching from Ryan and I assure you, that he knows the game very well, and, maybe even more importantly, explains it extremely methodically and comprehensively. I have been playing midstakes for the past 5 years and it’s awesome that you can always find new things to learn and master.

This is an advanced course. By this I mean that it covers some niche situations and infrequent spots. Therefore, if you are searching for a material to improve your basic understanding of the game, the best value for you would be watching the “How to play OOP from the blinds version 2016” or an older, but still relevant “Advanced tactics”.

This doesn’t mean, however, that this course is only about rare spots. In fact, it has a healthy mixture of everything: basic strategy and ranges, maths behind that, less common spots like 4b pots, river decisions in 3 bet pots, hand history examples of interesting hands with analysis and explanation. Yes, the material is less fundamental than, let’s say that in the “playing from the blinds” series, but the diversity and relevance makes for a great package.

The most useful information about basics of the game, presented in this course is the preflop rfi ranges and, what is much more valuable than the numbers themselves - a way to figure out what your optimal ranges are, given the games you play and the way you play them. It’s nice to get some fish for dinner, but learning how to catch it yourself is priceless – this value is not a one-shot benefit, but a skill, which will keep on generating results, thus providing great returns on investment.

This is what I find so useful about Ryan’s courses: they don’t just teach you the tricks, but also the way to generate the tricks yourself, so to speak – a mindset of approaching the game so that no matter what your opponents do, you are capable of adjusting and finding the most profitable solution. And yes, tips and tricks are useful as well; we have those in here too.

For me personally one of the most useful “rare” spots was the 4bet pot part of the course. Nowadays it’s getting more and more common to find your 4bet called and not knowing what to do. The mistakes, done in these bloated pots are huge bb-wise, so even if it’s not the most frequent of situations, it’s very useful to improve your performance in these.

Overall, just a very solid and helpful series: Ryan doesn’t stop delivering the goods. Thumbs up from me! 100% worth investing in this course, pleased with the product and looking forward to new video series!
    Last edited by forum; 02-20-2017 at 03:54 PM.

Platinum Member
    i was a bit suspect of purchasing a video series, however because of Ryan's money back guaranteed if not 100% satisfied, i thought i'll have a look. All i can say it's totally worth its weight in gold.
    Its giving me a completely whole new perspective on how to approach the game, its so mathematically correct moreover it just makes so much sense on how he approaches every hand and tricky spot, for eg i use to 3 bet ak, for the sake of 3 betting ak, and then have no game plan on how to approach the hand once i whiff the flop, however this series will correct all those leaks and more.
    i've seen many videos, but i can whole heartedly say this is head and shoulders above any video i've seen, its clear, its well presented and its methodical, moreover its easy to understand and take in.
    If your looking to improve your game, look no further! 100% SATISFIED

Super Epic VIP Member
    I learned a lot from your new course. Especially playing in 4 bet pots and lowering my BU open, because it was way too high. I built in my HUD 4 bet pots and my play became confident at this area too.
    I like the way you play, concentrating on quality is one of the most important thing in poker. Nowadays people tend to just grind grind grind, more for RB and you enlight the leaks of this type of regs (and many more things of course) which is great I think. Keep produce this great videos, I would love to see a real time play if possible in the near future

A new testimonial from mpokerdonk...
    http://www.yourdoompoker.com/forum/s...mpoker-teaches