Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: YourDoom Prop Bet: Beating NL400+ at 7.50bb/100 in 2014

YourDoom Prop Bet: Beating NL400+ at 7.50bb/100 in 2014

You all know what I've accomplished in my poker career, but it's now 2014. Poker is much harder nowadays than it was in 2010. There is no dispute that winrates are dropping for everyone.

I've taken on a prop bet on whether I can beat 50k hands of midstakes (NL400/NL600) at over 7.50bb/100 in 2014.

Most of the terms will stay private. But I will reveal a few of them and will be updating my 2014 results in this thread.

Terms:
    Bet applies to the first 50k hands of NL400/NL600 played online in 2014.
    If my winrate is at or over 7.50bb/100 after the 50k hands, I win.
    If my winrate is 6.00-7.49bb/100 after the 50k hands, the bet is a wash.
    If my winrate is at or below 5.99bb/100 after the 50k hands, I lose.
    * With my full schedule, I do expect to have the hands completed in another 2-3 months but there is no time limit.

As many of you know, I didn't play hardly at all in Jan or Feb as I was finishing my two newest video series, "How to Play OOP from the Blinds version 2014" and "Revolutionary New Lines and Expert Precision for Winning at the Highest Level"

Here are my results so far...

A little bit of run good helps as well, as my EVbb/100 is right around 7 at the moment.

Super Epic VIP Member
    at pokerstars?

Quote Originally Posted by philip92 View Post
    at pokerstars?
    No sir. I no longer play on PokerStars.

21k hands... Running good. More importantly, I'm feeling really focused and locked in...

Super Ultra Mega Epic VIP Member
    is it secret what site you're doing this on? Also can you tell a couple of reasons why you can't tell us the waged amount(s)? I'm not too familiar with prop betting and don't see reason for keeping that secret?
    You're doing great so far, great inspiration seeing the master in action.. would be nice if we could see some swing hands.

It's not a "big" secret, but I'm not going to post that info in the public forum. I'm happy to give site recommendations for all members of this community in private for whatever stakes you are playing. Just PM me

Quote Originally Posted by vavilldu View Post
    You're doing great so far, great inspiration seeing the master in action.. would be nice if we could see some swing hands.
    Hey, I actually started a blog of hands and notes in the "Revolutionary New Lines" private forum. So it's a bonus feature that will come with that course membership. I normally keep a note file of hands I want to study and review, but decided to put that online now. It contains hands I played well w good plays that I want to remember or hands I played poorly and want to analyze and correct. With all of my notes on each hand.

Midstakes are fun . The poker gods may finally be paying me back after a horrific 40k hand losing stretch last year. Anyway, I'm running above expectation at this point. It'll be hard to lose this bet.

Diamond Member
    Any more updates Ryan?

31k...