Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypnotherapy and Mindset Coaching for Poker

Mind Set Coach

Hypnotherapy and Mindset Coaching for Poker

Hypnotherapy and Mindset Coaching for Poker

Website

I’m Elliot Roe (DHP), a fully qualified professional hypnotherapist and EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) practitioner based in Las Vegas Nevada.

I qualified with RBCCH (Royal Berkshire College of Clinical Hypnotherapy), and I am a member of the American Board of Hypnotherapy

I have developed a hypnotherapy program to help players reduce tilt and improve their focus at the table. I have worked with a number of professional poker players. Also, I work with UFC competitors to help them mentally prepare for their fights by improving their focus and confidence.

Hypnotherapy has been shown to be an effective tool in many sports, and I believe it has been under-utilised in poker. Poker is a game where playing with the correct mindset is incredibly important. Hypnotherapy is exceptionally effective at achieving the right mindset and effectuates positive change. Hypnosis is undoubtedly an excellent tool that every player should utilize.

In one-to-one hypnotherapy sessions we can identify root causes of negative behaviour at the table, such as tilt, anger, self-sabotage or low confidence. Once the source of the destructive thoughts has been pinpointed, hypnosis is used to reduce or remove them completely. This creates long-term change as you gain an understanding of your mindset and the tools needed to overcome this problematic behavior.

It is possible to progress much faster with a client using hypnotherapy rather than more traditional therapies, as communication takes place directly with the subconscious mind. What could take years to resolve using psychoanalysis, can take just weeks or months using hypnotherapy.

Once we have resolved the internal issues I will use techniques to create triggers relating to your “A game” and being in “The Zone” by practicing these techniques you will be able to play to your fullest potential more frequently and your game will develop more quickly. By improving your focus and patience at the table you will better understand the weaknesses in your game and you will feel compelled to resolve them.

Imagine the increase in your ROI with:

:-Reduced or complete resolution of tilt issues
    :-Improved focus during sessions
    :-Increased patience at the table
    :-Increased awareness of tells
    :-A new improved love of poker and a interest in improving your game
    :-A better understanding of your personal weaknesses, where they stemmed from and strategies to combat them

Sessions

I offer live sessions in Las Vegas and Skype sessions for $100 per hour with sessions lasting between 60 and 90 minutes. The first session is always 90 minutes ($150) as it serves as both an informational and treatment session. The following session lengths will depend on the issues presented and the needs of the client.

If you mention you found my services here on YourDoomPoker you will receive an MP3 to use between sessions ($25 value).

If a package of 5 hours is booked and paid upfront I offer a 10% discount ($450).

I also offer personalised MP3's for $200 to deal with any specific poker issue you may have.

Please PM me here on the forum if you have any questions or would like to make a booking

Testimonials

"I just wanted to let everyone know that Elliot has been overly helpful to both myself and all my students. If you can play poker without tilting, you will see a huge increase in your win rate. I am confident I would not be playing at my highest level ever without him". Jonathan Little

“I was able to have a live session with Elliot on Day1B of the main event this year. I was so nervous and my anxiety level was off the chart before I sat down with him for an hour. When the hour (he said it was about an hour, I thought it was like 10 minutes) was over I was completely in control of my emotions, rested, relaxed and I took on day 1B with the confidence I needed to make Day 2. Without Elliot’s MP3′s that I listened to while I was competing for my seat in the main event, I wouldn’t have even won my chance to play in the main event, then to actually get a one on one session right before the largest poker tournament I’ve ever played in was amazing.” (Nathan Dowland, Ontilt Radios Check Raise Cafe host, Winner of the Hogs Wild League $13k package WSOP 2012)

I’ve had several sessions with Elliot and I am very satisfied with his services. What started as hypnosis to improve my emotional control at the poker tables has turned into much more: I’m learning and understanding more about my psyche and my overall mentality and I’m certain that my quality of life is improving. I’ve worked with Cognitive Behavioral Therapists and in the past but I prefer Elliot’s hypnotherapy. I recommend!” (KR)

"I've been working with Elliot for about 6 weeks and the results have been quite amazing. I'm using his live poker MP3, Post Session MP3 and I've done live one-on-one sessions as well.

I've been struggling with emotional control at the tables for some time now. I've suffered from run of the mill tilt, getting into ego wars with other player at the table, and lack of patience. I've also been known to call a river bet when I knew that I held the loser ( "I know my pocket aces are no good but I'm going to call you", type stuff).

Now at the tables I feel confident because I know I'm in control and I can focus on the important stuff instead of all the emotional crap.

I didn't know much about hypnosis before meeting Elliot but I'm sure glad I gave it a try as it's improved my poker and my personal life." (CC)

“Working with Elliot and the hypnosis mp3s has given me a great tool to use when it comes to tilt. I now feel more confident that I have the tools to deal with any issues that would have caused me to spew off buyins in the past. I look forward to playing now instead of dreading whether or not my “tilt monkey” will be out today.” (JM)

“Dude, your **** is like magic…haha..won 3500 today in like 6 hrs playing real well, like real well, so i’m back!!! gonna do it again tomorrow, the mp3 was very very good. this is def good stuff for me, and i’ll slowly get out of my own mental blocks to make me a dominating player again in no time! ” (HC)

Mind Set Coach
    If anyone would like a free "Break Maximiser" MP3 please PM me your email.

It will give a good idea about my products.

Gold Member
    PM sent

Elliot has a new MP3 on the market...

"New 15 Minute Online pre-session warm up MP3"

You can check that and his other MP3s out here...
    http://www.pokermindcoach.com/mental-game-mp3s/?ref=4

I've been using the full version of the online pregame and the warm down mp3 before and after each session. At first, I was skeptical "hypnosis, whatever, I can't be hypnotized..." Also I didn't want to use the pregame bc I thought (very incorrectly) that it would make me "tired" for my session. So I started using the post session warm down after each session just to calm my brain down and chill. I loved how I felt much more rested and sharp the day after using that mp3. So I finally gave in a few weeks ago and started using both.

The best way I can honestly describe these mp3s is like being on an adderall/super brain recharge cocktail, but all natural like, without any harmful drugs in your system.

To browse this thread, then forget about these mp3s without trying them is almost the same as someone who plays poker full time, has heard about "HUDs" but never really looked into trying one out and then just played his whole life in a limited manner without one because he didn't understand what it could do for him...

These are my honest thoughts on this product. But sure, I sell them for a profit on my website so you might think that i'm biased or just trying to sell you, but honestly I don't make a lot of $ on these (they are very inexpensive) and the more time you spend reading this and buying mp3s the less time you're focused on and thinking about buying one of my much more expensive courses

But I just wanna thank Elliot for talking me into trying these out. I've increase my volume a solid 30-40% (good, solid, thinking, each hand is an A+ volume, not autopilot volume) since I started using them and have the feeling that 2013 is going to be a very very very good year for me at the tables...

Mind Set Coach
    A couple of new testimonials from 2+2:

"I've currently done 5 sessions with Elliot and although he hasn't asked me to I want to give a review of his coaching.

I started out quite skeptical. I've had well known mental game issues for many many years. I worked with Jared Tendler and he is very good, but wanted to try something else to see what it offered.

Elliot's coaching is unparalleled. He has already had an incredible effect not just on my poker, but on my entire life.

I had no idea how my experiences growing up shaped my personality and how these had been holding back my poker. After exploring this through hypnotherapy I'm reaping huge benefits. Resolving these issues has made my poker less emotional and more profitable and has also helped me in real life.

Elliot is the real deal. I would stake my reputation on that. I can't recommend him highly enough.

If anyone would like to ask me directly about coaching with Elliot feel free to contact me.

Cheers
    Cog" (Cog Dissonance 2+2)

.................................................. .................................................. ...............................
    MartL tiltedpoker

Back Story

Ive been playing poker for a few years now and have been a winning player up to and including NL100. I have a problem though, quite a large one, that has plagued my entire Poker playing life.

I tilt, I tilt really bad. I have broke monitors, mice, speakers and earphones. I have broke chairs and desks. I have kicked holes in my wall and I have punched holes in my wall and Im pretty sure that later on in life Im going to have problems with my hands because I wouldn't be surprised if at one time or another I have broke bones in my hands by doing that.

Pretty soon after I have had a major tilt I realize that what Im doing is stupid and is costing me a lot of money and also not helping in other aspects of my life. I make a pact with myself that I am not going to do it again and have this new found focus which can last between a couple of hours or a few days until my next major tilt. In fact the only good thing that has come out of it all is that I am now a dab hand at re-plastering.

Present

I have not tilted since 12th November 2012(32 Days). Thats right, over a month without even getting close to the levels of tilt that I used to get to. I used to check Hem what seemed like every single minute of every session. I have not done this since the same date. I seem to be playing with a ton of focus at the moment and what is even more encouraging is that I have done all of that while moving up levels which can tend to be more of a stressful time than usual and In all honesty I have not run that well either which can be a good test for where you are at mentally.

The significance of that date is that was when I had my first contact with Elliot. I have now had 5 sessions with him and I have had a month of playing pretty good, tilt free poker.

To even go a week without tilting would be a miracle for me so to go a full month is just out of this world. If someone had of told me that a month a go I would have cried laughing as the thought of that happening was just absurd.

Before working with Elliot I felt that I had tried everything. I had read books, I had watched videos, tried meditation, amongst other things but the tilt would still return. I even worked with Jared Tendler, now I enjoyed working with Jared and we did see some improvement but in my opinion for whatever reason it only scratched the surface of getting to the actual route of the problem. Thats not to say what Jared does dosnt work because he has proven results its just that it wasnt right for myself at that time.

I forgot to add that I am that person who dosnt think he can be hypnotized but lets just say my girlfriend coudnt believe it when during my first session with Elliot he had me running round the house pretending I were a chicken.

Im joking obviously but thats how I saw hypnotherapy mainly thanks to television. I am skeptical at the best of times when it comes to things like this and after trying many things I probably had it in my mind that this would fail as well. Elliot provided me with a ton of information about what he does and was also kind enough to put my gf`s mind at ease as well as she was also a bit worried about what could happen.

Over the last couple of years I have learnt to be a pretty good judge of character and it is easy to see that Elliot enjoys what he does and more importantly is very good at what he does. All of my dealings with him so far have been excellent and although I dont want to nag him all the time or give him constant updates, Its does feel like there is someone there for me who can get to the point of exactly what is wrong and knows exactly how to help. That in itself is a pretty good feeling.

I have held off writing this review because I didnt want to do the usual have one session and then go on about how good a coach some one is without a sample size. The sample size may still be small but I can tell you that I have no intention of and also no desire to ever tilt like I used to again. This is going to save me a lot of mental energy which I can hopefully put to good use and improve as a Poker player instead of worrying about flying off the handle every two minutes.

I really cant thank Elliot enough for what he has done for me and hopefully over time I will get the chance to repay him for helping me(I will get the beers in Vegas after my Poker winnings pay for the trip ). I will keep updating my results on here as Its an ongoing process but lets just say Im delighted so far.

The long and short of it is that if like me you didnt think anyone can help you then give Elliot a shot. Im confident you wont regret it. Even if you havnt tried anything Im pretty sure that Elliot would be a really good first point of call for improving your mental game and also your life away from the tables. Failing that buy his Mp3`s and give them a go, again these are an absolute bargain and a must have for anybody taking the game even half seriously.

There is a reason you are reading this thread so if you havnt already then get in contact with Elliot, you will be a better person for it.

Thank You Elliot. (MartL 2+2)

Mind Set Coach
    ESPN radio interview I did today, http://www.espncleveland.com/page.php?page_id=114

I come on 5 minutes in

Quote Originally Posted by YourDoom View Post
    I've been using the full version of the online pregame and the warm down mp3 before and after each session. At first, I was skeptical "hypnosis, whatever, I can't be hypnotized..." Also I didn't want to use the pregame bc I thought (very incorrectly) that it would make me "tired" for my session. So I started using the post session warm down after each session just to calm my brain down and chill. I loved how I felt much more rested and sharp the day after using that mp3. So I finally gave in a few weeks ago and started using both.

The best way I can honestly describe these mp3s is like being on an adderall/super brain recharge cocktail, but all natural like, without any harmful drugs in your system.

To browse this thread, then forget about these mp3s without trying them is almost the same as someone who plays poker full time, has heard about "HUDs" but never really looked into trying one out and then just played his whole life in a limited manner without one because he didn't understand what it could do for him...

These are my honest thoughts on this product. But sure, I sell them for a profit on my website so you might think that i'm biased or just trying to sell you, but honestly I don't make a lot of $ on these (they are very inexpensive) and the more time you spend reading this and buying mp3s the less time you're focused on and thinking about buying one of my much more expensive courses

But I just wanna thank Elliot for talking me into trying these out. I've increase my volume a solid 30-40% (good, solid, thinking, each hand is an A+ volume, not autopilot volume) since I started using them and have the feeling that 2013 is going to be a very very very good year for me at the tables...
    Just wanted to bump my testimonial and say that if you're still not using these mp3s, you're really missing out.

Super VIP Member
    Have been trying out this a couple of session now and I like it. You feel relaxed and more focused for sure. The thing I dont like with it is that the length of the OnlinePreGame and Warmdown is way to long. If you play 2-3 sessions every day and want to use the mp3s, that means that you are listening to the mp3s 1hr-1,5hr every day. Who has time with that? I just think that it take to much time from other things. Would be nice if elliot could update the package with a shorter (3-5min) presession mp3 and warmdown(5-10min). Thanks

Sometimes I use the MTT break mp3 (5.5 mins) if I'm in a rush to start my day, although it's not exactly designed for that. But still, if I only have a few mins it's still helpful as it calms and focuses my brain.

Maybe you could try that between your sessions. Let's see what Elliot thinks...