Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: YourDoom's Current Results with Graphs & Testimonials

Exclamation YourDoom's Current Results with Graphs & Testimonials

Testimonials...

Jump to... Coaching with YourDoom Testimonials
    Jump to... Advanced Tactics: How to Beat Small, Medium and High Stakes at 10bb/100 with YourDoom Testimonials
    Jump to... 100bb Replayer Sessions Plus New Sick Lines with YourDoom Testimonials
    Jump to... How to Play From the Blinds with YourDoom Testimonials
    Jump to... How to Play Optimally With and Against a 40BB Stack with YourDoom Testimonials
    Jump to... Expert Cash Game Play Testimonials

YourDoom's Results...

Hi, my name is Ryan and I played on Pokerstars as YourDoom. Unlike other poker coaches I am also a qualified teacher, with a Master's degree in Secondary Math Education. I taught high school math for 3 years before quitting to play poker full time.

I am offering Advanced NLH coaching for EDIT: Private coaching is currently on sale for $275/hr for the next few weeks $375 (USD) for one hour, $550 (USD) per 90 minute session, or $695 for a two-hour session. What I generally look for is for someone who is ready to spend $3-$4k on a coaching package that will transform and fix up their game - availability may be limited.

If you haven't seen any of my videos yet though, I would suggest starting with my video series found here, www.YourDoomPoker.com, as your best possibly value. It’s top level advanced instruction and stuff that I would be teaching you anyway in the coaching for a small fraction of the price. Feel free to contact me for a personalized recommendation as to which course to start with.

From June 2008 - April 2010, NL600 was my main game and I beat that level at exactly 11.52bb/100 (the absolute highest winrate at that level on Pokerstars for any significant volume.)

In April 2010 I moved from NL600 to NL2k as my main game. I beat NL2k at 9.72bb/100 and had the #1 highest amount of winnings at that level of any Pokerstars player for 2010 (and #2 in the world among all tracked sites.)

Here are those results as independently tracked and verified by Poker Table Ratings...

Current Results

My most recent ~500k hands...

Complete 2015 Results

Complete 2016 Results

My most recent ~1,250,000 hands through 2016 (11.4bb/100)

Testimonials...

Jump to... Coaching with YourDoom Testimonials
    Jump to... Advanced Tactics: How to Beat Small, Medium and High Stakes at 10bb/100 with YourDoom Testimonials
    Jump to... 100bb Replayer Sessions Plus New Sick Lines with YourDoom Testimonials
    Jump to... How to Play From the Blinds with YourDoom Testimonials
    Jump to... How to Play Optimally With and Against a 40BB Stack with YourDoom Testimonials
    Jump to... Expert Cash Game Play in 2016 Testimonials
    Last edited by forum; 02-20-2017 at 03:42 PM.

There are a large number of videos on our YouTube channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/YourDoomPoker

Here are a couple more. Complements of pokerstrategy, which is a site I used to make videos for a long time ago but no longer work at...

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/23787/

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/23203/

In case you missed it I gave a free webinar a little while back

Check it out here (I'm up first.) Some it is fairly similar to the free video on How to Play Baby Pocket Pairs, just a little more in depth.

Let me know if anyone has any questions on the content. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMD3njNOJjI

"About Me Part 1" - As Originally Published in 2011

Storytelling and the history of my online poker career

This is my story about how I grew from playing $10 sngs to being the #1 overall winner at $10/$20 NL on Pokerstars in 2010.

I recently stumbled upon a thread in the low stakes thread (somehow) about this $0.10/$0.25 NL regular talking about how he crushes his level at over 5ptBB/100, and how he refuses to move up to $0.25/$0.50. Apparently he's only beating $0.25/$0.50 at 1ptBB/100. This is because any table he sits at is nothing but "sharks." He concludes that $0.10/$0.25 is the most profitable and best game to play...

I remember this post vividly because it really got me to thinking about my own skill level as an online poker player, and gave me a serious revelation on online poker in general...

My online poker career started back in 2005. I was working full time as an electrical engineer and was grinding (and crushing) $10 nine-handed sngs on Party poker in my free time. Doing this part time, my goal was to make $500 a month which would cover my portion of the rent of the townhouse that I shared with two of my buddies. I occasionally tried a $20 or a $30 sng, but found these tourneys to be way too tough and unprofitable. Once I took a shot at a $100 sng. I was extremely nervous. I distinctly remember the key hand. I was dealt AQ, and called a raise preflop. The flop was AA5. He bet and I called 3 times. He showed AK and I lost 60% of my stack. Everyone at the table started making fun of me. I typed "how can I fold that?" Someone typed back, "you click fold." I remember thinking, "wow,
    these games are way too tough for me." $10 sngs are clearly the most profitable games.

In the summer of 2007 I had since made the transition to cash games. I was working full time as a high school math teacher and playing online poker in my free time. Since I had summers off, I 3-tabled $1/$2 NL for a few hours every day and made 86 cents a hand. This was a winrate of 21.5ptBB/100 (43bb/100) ...even though I had no idea what that meant at the time, (granted, the games were much softer back then.) I occasionally tried to play some $2/$4NL, but this level proved to be much harder. I couldn't win. I concluded that $1/$2 NL was by far the most profitable game to play on FT. I remember posting my winrate on 2+2 and EVERYONE was saying that I would never sustain that winrate; that it was impossible. Winning like that seemed normal enough to me, but maybe everyone was right. Maybe I was just a really lucky guy.

In 2008, I was playing $2/$4 on FT full time. Over the next six month stretch, I was winning at 10.5ptBB/100. I remember posting these results on some 2+2 thread and having everyone fire back that was no way that I would ever sustain that winrate; that it was impossible. Again I felt like winning like that was what was normal, but maybe everyone was right. Maybe I was just a really lucky guy.

In June 2008, I was doing well enough that I decided to quit my full time teaching job to play online poker full time. This was when I found $3/$6 NL on PS. ($3/$6 rarely ran on FT.) And these games were amazing. From June 2008 - April 2010, $3/$6 NLHE was my main game and I beat that level at exactly 5.76ptBB/100 (the absolute highest winrate at that level on Pokerstars for any significant volume.) Again, when I discussed my winrate, I was told that anything over 3-4ptBB/100 was impossible to sustain for any lengthy stretch of time. Maybe I was just a really lucky guy.

During this stretch, I occasionally played $5/$10 NL, but could not beat the level as I just ran terrible all the time. (I can tell you the real reasons you "run terrible all the time" at one level higher than your main game.) Anyways, it was pretty clear to me...$3/$6 NL was the most profitable level to play. Anyone playing $5/$10 NL was an idiot. There was no value there.

In April 2010 I moved from $3/$6 to $10/$20 as my main game. I've been beating $10/$20 at right around 5ptBB/100 since April 2010 and had the #1 highest amount of winnings at that level of any Pokerstars player for 2010 (and #2 in the world among all tracked sites.) I received several posts on my PTR page about how hot I run and how NO-ONE beats $10/$20 NL at 5ptBB/100. Winning like that seemed normal enough to me, but maybe everyone was right. Maybe I'm just a really lucky guy.

So the point of my story?...Every level is beatable. It's all relative to your talent level. Never listen to the masses about what "can't" be done. If you can't beat a particular level, it's not because "you run bad at that level" or "there are too many sharks" there...you're just not good enough...yet. Also, in the long term, there is no such thing as "luck." Everyone's winrate over 4 years and one million hands is... well... your true winrate.

How can you reach my level? Simple. You need to have some natural ability (obviously), a genuine interest and commitment to becoming a top player and most importantly you need a top coach to get you there. Anyone who tells you that they are 100% self-taught, isn't realizing their full potential. It is critical to have another top mind to be able to work with and to be able to bounce ideas off of.

Luckily for me, my younger brother is another top online pro. We helped and continue to help each other reach our full potential. Neither one of us could of gotten where we are today on our own. It's my goal to be the best poker coach in the world charging under $1000 an hour, while also being affordable to the average $0.5/$1 NL player trying to make a full time living playing poker. Being a former HS math teacher, I excel at being able to communicate the understanding of different concepts and techniques. I understand and adapt to the different learning styles that each student may have. The bottom line is... I understand this game, I enjoy teaching, and I know how to teach.

In an effort to gain more coaching business, I am currently only charging €295/hr for poker instruction. The clientele I am looking for are players who are ready to make €2k-€3k investment, and who are committed to dramatically improving their game and want to learn advanced poker skills that will last a lifetime.

I do also take students who like to do a quick session (or two) and just want to see some moderate improvements, but getting invested in my student's successes has become a huge aspect of my job as a coach. I routinely check up on my present and former students, and take their level of success personally.

About Me - Part 2 - Published August 31, 2014

I'm admittedly not the best blogger in the world, but since it's been about three and a half years since I wrote and published my original story (above) about how I grew from playing $10 SNGs to becoming #1 in overall winnings at NL2k on PokerStars in 2010.

I think we left off part 1 on a positive note. It was the start of 2011, games were great, my game was sharp, and $ was flowing like a river into my poker account.

I was starting to play more of the super sick 40bb shallow games on FullTilt and was transitioning away from PokerStars when the day that we all remember struck, Black Friday. Living in the US at the time, it was a huge blow. For the first few days I didn't know what I was going to do. After a few days of turmoil, I semi-planned to move to Atlantic City and start playing live poker full time. In the meantime, since I suddenly had more time on my hands, in an effort to fill out my schedule, I lowered my coaching rate from $450/hr to $325/hr but had no idea if I was going to get 15 inquires or zero. Fortunately, the response was great and my coaching schedule filled up. I also decided that it was a good time to start making instructional videos. I had always passed on offers before, since I was playing full time and like most successful players didn't want to "reveal how I played."

I was vetting several different instructional sites and finally decided on PokerStrategy. They were the biggest site at the time and gave me the best offer by far (like 3 times more than what other sites were offering), to make the highest level videos for their site. So I began making videos and coaching full time. After a short learning curve, all of my videos were getting excellent feedback. Apparently my background in teaching helped create a product that most people really found helpful and seemed to enjoy.

Later in the year I was approached by another coach who asked me to make an expert level NL 6 max course for his site that unlike my PS videos which I received a flat fee for, would be sold privately as individual copies. He showed me the numbers for how well the HU course that he sold was doing and I became intrigued, but as this sort of thing was totally new to me, I was still hesitant.

I had no idea what to expect so instead of a fully comprehensive NL 6 max course, I decided to start with a smaller course focusing on just one area of play just to see what would happen and how many I would sell. The topic I decided on was "How to Play from the Blinds."

I already had the topic outlined and half of the videos recorded, which I was just days away from selling to PokerStrategy.

I finished the series and my first privately available video series went on the market. To make a long story short, the response, sales and feedback I received was phenomenally positive. Sales quickly exceeded my highest expectations and I was absolutely hooked on this newfound stream of semi-passive income.

Towards the end of 2011 I was able to relocate and start playing online poker again but was unable to put in the same volume I was putting in before Black Friday. Something in my brain along with a list of physical ailments was preventing me from being able to play long sessions.

2012 was a great year at the tables...

But as you can see, my volume was low. I continued making new videos series covering a wide range of topics and developed a sort-of cult following of loyal fans who followed my work.

The games were great, but I couldn't play more than 750 hands on any given day and could absolutely not play two days in a row. If I played too much I would freq get a migraine and would feel a wicked hangover the next day. If was the same feeling as if I got very drunk the night before.

In 2013 things got worse. I started getting migraines after trying to play more than a few hours and had sinus headaches all the time. On my worst days I could play my A game for about 500 hands and then would have a headache and feel hungover the next day. It was incredibly frustrating, because I felt like the games were great and when I was playing I generally felt dominant and in command of the table.

I didn't really understand what my problem was. I was embarrassed about my inability to grind like I used to, attributed a lot of it to "just getting older" (I'm 37) and was generally uncertain about what my future in poker would be.

By the end of 2013 I finished the year with as much volume as many full time grinders play in a few weeks...

I was also in a downswing. "Not allowed to win; ridiculous bad beats; blah blah blah, the usual stories..." When you hit a 40k hand downswing over a few weeks it's no big deal, but that variance is clearly magnified when it's your entire year at the tables.

Feeling a bit embarrassed by my 2013 performance, I closed to coaching new students and made a full force effort to focus on "fixing myself." I started with new computer glasses from the eye doctor, and then moved on to finding an effective nasal spray for allergies which eliminated 95% of my sinus headaches. I also started taking 500mg of Magnesium and 200mg L-Theanine both of which are complete natural supplements which killed my migraines. In general, I'm very anti-drug. I don't even really like taking Advil when I have a headache. But natural supplements are something I'm now getting more and more into, and something I'm learning more about as I believe they can be highly beneficial to poker players.

So I was finally feeling good physically, but my volume was still pretty weak. If I played over 1000 hands I still got that hangover feeling the day after and was sometimes a mental wreck. That's when I started working with the man who saved my poker career, Elliot Roe. Elliot is a mindset coach for MMA fighters and Poker players. He previously sent me some free copies of his pregame hypnosis mp3s and I became instantly hooked. Just by using the mp3s alone my A+ volume increased about 50%. I have since taken several live coaching sessions with Elliot. We have focused on removing the mental blocks and my "accumulated tilt" issues that were preventing me from putting in long sessions.

It's now the end of August 2014 and I can now generally play about 1250 hands effectively and have no hangover whatsoever the next day. Sure, it's not exactly nanonoko-like volume and may be akin to a 350 lb man losing 40 lbs, but I'll take it and plan to keep improving. Along with playing poker, I have a pretty full schedule of sports (I play a lot of hockey, volleyball and football,) coaching and running my website. With poker, like with many other activities in life I believe you get the most out of them when doing them in moderation. So playing 3 or 4 nights a week works out great for me. I don't really care to play more often than that, but I would like to still be able to play more hands in a given day and improving that volume is now my main focus.

Here are my 2014 results to date... I didn't play any hands before 2/17 as I was finishing my two newest video series "How to Play from the Blinds version 2014" and "Revolutionary New Lines and Expert Precision for Winning at the Highest Level"

But as you can see, things are back on track. The downswing is over, I'm feeling great, I'm focused and running awesome

Super VIP Member
    Nice blog,
    How big do your downswings get (buy-ins)?

VIP Member
    Very interesting blog indeed. I know it´s probably too personal for you to say but I find fascinating the fact that hypnotherapy has significantly improved your sickness. It seems like these very concrete and physical symptoms were actually part of a larger ´mental game´ issue.

Anyway, well done Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Solari View Post
    Nice blog,
    How big do your downswings get (buy-ins)?
    In general 10-buy in downswings are pretty common for me, but this year, since I've been running so hot downswings are limited to 4-5 buy ins and break even stretches.
    I was actually about break even after my first 20k hands played this year before going on a mad heater. But I think part of that was I was still in the process of getting healthy and focused.

Quote Originally Posted by juleman View Post
    Very interesting blog indeed. I know it´s probably too personal for you to say but I find fascinating the fact that hypnotherapy has significantly improved your sickness. It seems like these very concrete and physical symptoms were actually part of a larger ´mental game´ issue.

Anyway, well done Ryan.
    Thanks juleman,

It's pretty clear to me now that there were both very large and very separate physical and mental issues that needed to be addressed.

I've made some fantastic improvements in each area, but like I said do plan to keep improving. I'm in great shape physically. I eat well and exercise every day (my doctor calls me "the picture of good health,") so there is no reason at all I cannot keep improving my daily volume.

Update...

Yep, September has been fun