Thread: HUD Sample Size

VIP Member

HUD Sample Size

I purchased five of your courses 2 1/2 years ago. Until recently, I've been playing at a HUDless site. I'm excited to study your courses again.

What advice can you give concerning HUD sample size?

Specifically:
    1. 3B stats
    2. Flop CBet & Fold to CBet
    3. Flop Raise/checkraise
    4. Various Turn & River stats
    5. Any other significant comments

Your HUD has a ton of stats, some being very specific and/or positional. It seems difficult or impossible to check sample sizes every time you refer to your HUD.

Also, default Notecaddy Edge badges trigger for extremely small sample sizes and don't seem to be too useful out-of-the-box.

Which HUD are you using? Badges are fairly obsolete nowadays. Email support for the latest updates.

Useful sample size varies greatly for different stats but as soon as you have 10 hands you start to get a feel for what they are doing and it expands from there.

VIP Member
    I'm using a very basic HUD at the moment, but trying to figure out what HUD configuration to use.

I don't understand why badges are obsolete. You can program them with virtually any combination of stats to the extent that you're not required to reference the actual stats as often. What made badges obsolete? Were they just a novelty to begin with? Or has the interpretation of the raw stats improved so much over the years?

I still use many of the badge definitions but we now display them as a percentage (a number) on the HUD. It takes up the same amount of space and is more precise info than a picture.